Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Every Day Makeup




This summer I have done something that I haven't done in years! I have temporarily retired my black eyeliner. I know, who will recognize me without my signature cat eye?? But to tell you the truth, I am really loving this look for day time, and basically every day.

Get the Look:
1. First, I prep my skin with Estee Lauder Idealist serum, Chanel eye cream, and the current moisturizer that I am testing out, Philosophy:Take a Deep Breath.  I also apply some Rosebud Salve to my lips.

2. Then, I apply Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (my holy grail foundation) in shade 20 beige with a Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush. 

3. Next, it is time for concealer. First, I apply some MAC Moisturecover concealer in a shade very similar to my skin tone (NW20)over any blemishes that I may have and buff the product in with a Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Deluxe Crease Brush. (any sort of fluffy eye brush will do) Next, I apply a few dots of Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in the shade 02 Light under my eye and buff the concealer in with the same brush from before. 

4. I then set my under eye concealer and T-Zone with a loose setting powder. I am currently loving the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder because it is absolutely color-less so it does not alter the colors of the products used. 

5. Next, I ran some color through my brows. I already have thick brows, so to add some slight definition, I used Revlon Brow Fantasy duo in Light Brown, and set my brows with the brow gel from the duo. **Make sure to comb through your brows to ensure the color is blended in.**

6. For an eye base and color, I applied Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in shade 82 Emerveille with my ring finger to the lid and under my eye. I also apply this color to my lower lash line.
*Some other options for this step are MAC Paint Pot in Barestudy, Make Up Forever Aqua Cream #13 Warm Beige, or any other champagne-tone long wearing cream shadow.*


7. To give my eye some definition, I take (my favorite brown eyeliner) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in the shade Whiskey and run the color along the lashline on the outer corner of my lid, and slightly wing it out. I also apply the color to the outer corner of my lower lash line. Then, usa a dense pencil brush and blend the color out to create a smokey effect. Finally, I used an angled brush and the eyeliner to alter the shape and edge of the wing to my desired shape.

8. Mascara <3 
I apply a generous coat of my current favorite mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I used L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black.
9. With a Duo-Fiber brush, I apply some bronzer the the back of my cheeks and cheekbones to add some color and to create some slight definition with going full-blown contoured. I am currently  trying out NYX Matte Bronzer in Light and I am LOVING it. This bronzer is the love child of NARS Laguna Bronzer and MAC Harmony Blush.

10. With the same brush, I apply a light pink, neutral blush to the front of my cheekbones, but not the apples of my cheeks to add color but look over-done. I used Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed. 

11. Finally, I apply my all-time favortie Burberry Lipstick in Nude Rose and blend it in with fingers for the perfect "your lips, but better" look.
xx

1 comment:

  1. I love how the managed the catch lights in your eyes using your iphone. its nice to see you still use nyx.

    ReplyDelete