Sunday, September 2, 2012

Complete Makeup for under $20



Hello! So, I decided to take on the challenge of completing a whole makeup look in under 20 dollars. Let me tell you, $20 goes by really fast especially when you need to include brushes. In order to stay within budget, I did my shopping at target because they carry the very inexpensive brand, e.l.f (eyes,lips&face). This brand sells most of their products in the 1 and 3 dollar range, which was ideal for this challenge. But for foundation, mascara, and eyeshadow, I found that brands such as Rimmel and NYC had a better selection...which were still in the under $4 range. 


Products Used:
Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation $3.99
e.l.f Tone Correcting Concealer $1
e.l.f Blush and Bronzer- $3
e.l.f Hypershine Gloss- Flirt $1
NYC Sky Rise Mascara- $1.77
NYC Eyeshadow Palette- $3.59
e.l.f Waterproof Eyeliner Pen- $1
e.l.f Complexion Brush $3
e.l.f Eyeshadow Brush $1

Dot the foundation on the center of your face (this is usually where you need the most coverage). Blend in with your fingers until worked into a natural finish.
Foundation Review: Light to Medium coverage, powder definitely recommended after use. I suggest Rimmel Stay Matte powder, great buy for only a few dollars. 
Apply concealer in a triangle shape under your eye to create a bright-eyed effect.
Concealer Review-Light Coverage, definitely needs a setting powder!

Next, I applied the color on the far right to the whole lid with my e.l.f eyeshadow brush. I also applied the dark grey color to the lower lash line, and the white to under the brow.
Review: Colors are not very pigmented but the dark charcoal is a very nice color for defining the lash line.

Finally, I lined the upper lash line with e.l.f waterproof eyeliner pen.
Review: I do not recommend this product! IT is $1for a reason. Although it did its job, it was a struggle to work with.
Apply a few generous coats of mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
Review: This Mascara was not that bad! It definitely lengthened her lashes and is a pretty good mascara for being under two dollars.

Apply bronzer to the backs of the cheekbones, temples, and jawline. Then, apply the blush the the apples of the cheeks and blend into the bronzer. Finish off the look with a a little lipgloss and you're done!
Review: Bronzer and Blush duo wayyyyy too shimmery for my taste. But, definitely a drugstore dupe for the NARS laguna/orgasm duo. There are definitely better products out there, but for $3? I recommend this product, but only if used with a light hand because they can look a little orange.
Oh, and the lipgloss.....do no buy this! Not a bad gloss texture and color but it smells like maple syrup and the smell really is awful -_-


special thanks to my model Janel! <33

No comments:

Post a Comment