Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Signature Look


Hello!

Okay, first of all I am so so very sorry for the delay on this blog but here it is!

My current foundation routine is as follows:

1. Apply a lighter foundation or concealer in a V-shape from your tear duct down to your cheek bone and up to your brow bone. I used Clinique Line Smoothing concealer in the shade light.
2. Dot your regular foundation on the other areas of your face. I used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in shade 20 Beige.
3. Using a Beautyblender sponge, bounce and roll the sponge along your face to ensure all the product is blended in to look flawless.
4. Using a powder puff, apply a translucent powder to your t-zone and under eye area. I used Laura Mercier Translucent Powder.


I already have naturally thick brows, so I just use the Revlon Brown Fantasy to fill in any gaps and smooth the hairs into place. Remember to always choose a shade lighter than you would think for a natural finish. 


I love using MAC Painterly Paint Pot to even out the skin tone of my eye lid. This product also works great as a primer/base for your shadows.


Take a light frosted color and apply it to the lid using a flat shader brush. Then take a light brown color on a fluffy brush to define your crease. Then take some of the light color under your brow.
I used MAC Nylon, Soft Brown, and Wedge shadows. 


Then using a pencil brush, apply a darker brown to the lower lash line. I used MAC Charcoal Brown.

Take your favorite eyeliner and draw a line from the outer corner of your lower lash line and bring it in to the upper lash line. This should create a triangle like the one shown above. Then, fill in the triangle, and continue to line the eye in small strokes from the triangle to the inner corner. 


Apply a few generous coats of your favorite Mascara to your upper and lower lash line. Then apply a nude eyeliner to your water line. This step will create the illusion of larger eyes. Apply another coat of concealer, or an eye brightening pen to the under eye area and blend in with your ring finger. 
I used NARS nude eye kohl, Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara, and By Terry Touche Veloutee.


If you are like me and were not blessed with tan skin and amazing cheekbones then do not forget the Bronzer! I  like to apply my bronzer with a duo-fiber brush to the back of my cheekbones rather than using a dense brush to really contour and chisel them. The duo fiber brush ensures that you do not put too much product on at once, so you don't end up going from zero to Snooki in one stroke. Lately I have been loving this NYX Matte Bronzer in the shade light.


Apply blush to the front of the cheekbone where your bronzer end rather than the apples of your cheeks for a more natural look. I tend to lean towards nude rose shades when I wear a bright lip... the perfect shade for this is Bashful by Youngblood Cosmetics. Once again, I use a duo-fiber brush to ensure that I do not apply too much product.


 Get your lips ready for lipstick with MAC Prep+Prime. According to MAC, this product serves as a layer of moisture for your lips and stickiness for the product to cling to. Then line and fill in your lips with a lip liner that is similar to the shade you are planning to wear. 
I used MAC Brick Lip Pencil.


 After applying one coat of lipstick, dust a little bit of transclucent powder over your lips and go in for a second coat. According to my research, this help the lipstick dry on your lips to decrease the chance of the color melting and smearing away.



 My all time favorite red lipstick in NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade Cruella. This lipstick feels like silk on the lips and gives a flawless matte finish. The fact that it is shaped like a pencil makes for easy application. Also, if you are looking for a less blue-toned red, NARS makes another shade in this line called "Dragon Girl" which is the color you will always catch Taylor Swift wearing! 

special thanks to my bestie Janel Aguirre for helping me take these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment